When Reuters named the top 100 most innovative universities in Europe on 3 May, nine of the top 10 were EIT Health partners.
“We always knew that our academic partners excelled in innovation. The Reuters poll is proof that we have created an unparalleled educational network,” said Ursula Mühle, EIT Health Director of Education.
According to Reuters, the top 10 most innovative universities in Europe are:
1. KU Leuven, Belgium
2. Imperial College London, United Kingdom
3. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
4. Technical University of Munich, Germany
5. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
6. University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
7. Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
8. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
9. University of Zurich, Switzerland
10. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Out of these, only University of Zurich is not an EIT Health partner.
The methodology involved institutions that filed 50 or more patents. According to Reuters, “Each candidate university was then evaluated using various indicators including how often a university’s patent applications were granted, how many patents were filed with global patent offices and local authorities and how often the university’s patents were cited by others.“