The Living Labs and Test Beds Network provides the benefits of living labs and test beds to entrepreneurs, so they can develop market-ready products with high added value and a high probability of success.
Living labs and test beds are open innovation ecosystems where stakeholders, including healthcare professionals and patients, cooperate on solutions to healthcare challenges. Living labs support the innovation process throughout the different phases of the value chain, including ideation, co-creation, validation and scale-up.
Is it for me?
The programme is open to any European start-up, SME, entrepreneur or innovation project that aims to improve their product by validating, co-creating and ideating with the end-user in a real-life environment.
Companies that apply for this funding should be seeking to develop projects that fit the overall EIT Health objectives of healthy living, active ageing and improved health care. In addition they should be geared towards EIT Health’s Focus Areas.
There is no deadline for start-ups that would like to apply for services with their own funds or with other EIT Health grants.
Applying for vouchers to support participation
Start-ups that do not have their own funds and require financial support to accelerate their innovations are able to participate in the Living Labs and Testbeds programme for 20 vouchers that are worth €5 000 each.
There is no deadline for start-ups that would like to apply for services with their own funds or with other EIT Health grants. For start-ups requesting vouchers, the following dates are important:
- March 2020 to 30 May 2020 23:59 CET
- Communication of results of the first wave: First week of April 2020
- Communication of results of the second wave: Second week of June 2020
- Project grant agreements signatures: Maximum one months since the communication of each wave resolution
Information for living labs and test beds
To join the EIT Health Living Labs and Test Beds Network and offer your services:
- Follow this link to create a Chronus profile. (Open all year long.)
- Press the “Join Now” button, fill in the form and accept the Code of Conduct.
- Once step 2 is completed, administrators will review the application.
- If the application is accepted, you are already part of the network!