As a start-up innovating in healthcare, you can benefit from obtaining feedback and validation with your future users – patients, hospitals and healthcare providers. Our User Validation Labs programme is designed to help you find the right partner to co-design and execute a user validation study with your intended audience.
What you get
Start-ups will get:
- Support finding the right European partner to conduct your validation study with your target audience
- Direct access to test your innovation with the intended end user
- Online training on essential user validation topics
- A €4000 voucher for programme costs
- One year of support
How it works
User validation labs are European partners – such as living labs, accelerators, hospitals, and innovation centres — that support a connection between start-ups and the future end-users of their product, including patients, clinicians, and medical staff. This programme was created to help start-ups connect with user validation labs that can help them to organise and execute a validation study of their innovation. Typically, our ULabs assure the connection to a hospital and/or patients and co-design the study using proven methodology by guiding both sides of the equation: the start-up and the hospital. We’ll help you find the perfect ULab at our matchmaking event. Then you will draft a project plan sharing your needs and goals. We will provide ongoing support so you can make the most of your collaboration with the ULab.
Who should apply?
- Businesses incorporated in the EU with a product or service in the development phase – but not yet in the commercialisation stage
- Start-ups eager for feedback and validation from users
- Residence: any Horizon Europe country
The total cost of the programme is €8000, out of which half will be covered by EIT Health, and half (€4000) will be paid by the start-up.
Key programme dates:
- 12 April 2021: Application deadlines
- May 2021: matchmaking event with partners
- June 2021 – June 2022: programme dates
Apply by 12 April 2021 (23:59 CET) at this link.