16 March 2022
EIT Health Appeals Procedure
Applicants to EIT Health Business Plans may appeal the process for the selection of their own proposal(s).
Consortium of running EITH Health activities may appeal the process for the results of yearly monitoring (Mid-term Reviews).
The only grounds for appeal are:
- Process errors.
- Technical problems beyond the control of applicants (e.g. the technical failure of the electronic submission system).
- Human/technical errors made by EIT Health staff.
What does NOT constitute grounds for an appeal:
- Scores awarded in the course of the proposal evaluation process.
- Applicants should send their appeals in writing to the Functional Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org (addressing the CEO) as soon as they identify
an error, but no later than 21 days after the error occurred.
- EIT Health staff at the Central Office assess the claim and deliver a first response with the Regional Innovation Hub in copy.
- If there are grounds for appeal, the staff will attempt to remedy the consequences (e.g. if a technical error of EIT Health prevented the submission of a proposal, a late submission may still be accepted as eligible).
- The Supervisory Board is notified about the matter if:
- the applicant does not accept that the Management Board rejects the appeal, or
- there are grounds for appeal, but the problem cannot be remedied any
more without disrupting the process.