Big data and AI have huge potential to improve healthcare efficiency and effectiveness. Data-driven technologies are now widely celebrated as an integral part in the future of medicine. However, for research and healthcare delivery to harness the wealth of this data, certain challenges must be overcome in the form of existing practices, regulation, training, and knowledge.
Join EIT Health Ireland-UK’s first webinar in its ‘Transforming Healthcare’ series as leading industry experts share their perspectives on how to address these issues. Expect to learn about:
- The common barriers facing healthcare organizations in deploying data at scale
- The steps healthcare organisations can take to easily carry out AI and ML, with examples of how this data can drive innovation
- Why cloud is the preferred platform for leveraging health data and analytics
- New thinking to reinvent the protection of patient data privacy and consent
- Liam English, CEO at Bluemetrix
- Niall McDonagh, Healthcare Sector Director, Western Europe at Microsoft
- Miriam Roche, Acting Director of Informatics/CIO at St. James’s Hospital Dublin
- John Swords, National Director, HSE Procurement
- Donal Sexton, Consultant Nephrologist at St. James’s Hospital & Tallaght University Hospital, Clinical Associate Professor at Trinity College Dublin
- Moderated by: Jan-Philipp Beck, CEO at EIT Health
Who should attend?
This event will be of interest for hospital groups (CIOs and Procurement Departments). It is also relevant to healthcare professionals, clinicians, data scientists, academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, learners and patients. All are welcome to attend.
About the webinar series
This webinar is hosted by the Ireland-UK hub as the first in our quarterly webinar series – ‘Transforming Healthcare.’ Providing a platform for thought-leaders to debate topical issues in the space and communicate their take on best practice going forward.