On 7 February 2023, the Science|Business Network and international research and innovation leaders will convene for a unique set of debates: first, to explore the science and tech agendas to bring planetary sustainability goals within reach, and second, to address some of the fundamental tensions at the interface between the two, including:
- Which role for research and innovation in pursuit of the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- Will Horizon Europe make a tangible difference, and how will today’s crises influence the rest of its strategic agenda?
- Are the green and digital transitions truly compatible, and how to manage the potential risks and unintended consequences of pursuing both in parallel?
- Where will boundary lines be drawn between international cooperation and national interests in sustainability-related domains, not least around technology sovereignty?
- Can foresight help research and innovation decision-makers agree on what to prioritise, and how to align investment with longer-term impacts and outcomes?
Jean-Marc Bourez, CEO of EIT Health, will be participating in a session entitled “Crisis management: Delivering sustainable responses to unforeseen shocks – Health”, alongside Ole Petter Ottersen, Toomas Asser and David Elvira.