4th August 2018
Exploring topics related to innovation
On 20 July, our RIS Hub in Porto hosted a KTI workshop in Coimbra, bringing together healthcare representatives and stakeholders from both regions to discuss and debate several topics related to innovation in the sector.
The main objective was to improve collaboration between the regions and regional stakeholders, share and learn best practices, and identify areas of common interest where synergies and new collaborations might be feasible.
Over 30 participants attended the workshop which covered:
- The importance of ignition funds and Proof of Concept as a very early stage trigger to involve the academies in the entrepreneurial path;
- The necessity of emphasising the value-based care/reimbursement schemes during the development of healthcare business models;
- The market pull approach as an entrepreneurial education method– the EIT Health experience;
- The possibility of development of a joint national living lab in Portugal;
- The experience and good results of Ageing@Coimbra and Porto4aging;
- The need for a financial model in the regions, with a baseline that might allow to leverage future initiatives.
The participants (coming from very different backgrounds including universities, companies, municipalities, NGO’s) participated actively during the workshop. A number of topics were noted as areas of common interest for both regions. A second workshop will take place in November in Porto where smaller interdisciplinary groups will develop and present proposals for possible future collaborations.
EIT Health joins “Seeds of Bravery” Consortium
Discover how we will support Ukrainian start-ups.
EIT Health renews strategic alliance with HIMSS Partner Innovation Exchange (PIE) Initiative
Read more about the partnership
EIT Health Flagships Call 2024 open for applications
First cut-off 28 February