1st July 2020
The EIT Health Headstart programme provides emerging companies with mentorship and funding opportunities to accelerate the development and time-to-market of innovative products and services to improve the lives of European patients and citizens.
Mentored by EIT Health’s regional teams of Business Creation Managers, the programme offers support to the companies as they navigate the steps required to bring their solution to market including, crucially, verification of the clinical, patient or system need for the product or service. The selected start-ups will have access to mentoring and business support, and financial support of up to €50,000, and will make valuable contacts within the health innovation ecosystem via EIT Health’s vast network.
The Headstart aims to:
- support the applicants in realising next steps towards the market and shorten time-to-market for innovative products and services
- verify the need/benefit of the product/service for users/customers/payers/partners
- increase the possibility of attracting further private investment
EIT Health Headstart Start-up Story
- Start-ups from Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel can apply.
- The applicant must be incorporated/registered. The EIT Health Headstart Funding Programme is suitable for micro and small enterprises (according to the EU SME definition) spin-offs, and start-ups that have a well-developed prototype and are ready to launch a product. In rare circumstances, not-yet-incorporated companies may apply, however they must be incorporated upon selection. Ideal applicants have an estimated company valuation of less than €1 million.
- The project or product must be within the scope of the main challenges in EIT Health: Healthy Living, Active Ageing, and Improved Healthcare.
- The applicant must own or have rights to the intellectual property that is the basis for the project or product (if applicable).
- The project or product has to be at least at technical readiness level (TRL) 4.
- The applicant must submit a Letter of Confirmation signed by EIT Health partner.
1 July – 14 September 2020 via the EIT Health Optimy Platform.
Further information about the application procedure, eligibility and deliverables is available in the Headstart guide.
Nicolas van de Kerkhof – firstname.lastname@example.org