17th October 2019
Students from Central, Eastern and Southern Europe get their opportunity to bring their ideas of healthcare innovation to life.
This year, about 40% of the i-Days events will take place in Central, Eastern and Southern regions, and will be organised by EIT Health Hubs and InnoStars Partners.
i-Days, an international initiative of EIT Health, is promoting health innovation among university students through one-to-two-day programmes that are being held across academic institutions all over Europe. There is an impressive talent pool of young innovators to be found in Central, Eastern and Southern regions of Europe who want to transform their ideas into market products and solutions. Thanks to cooperation with local organisations and academic institutions, students from those regions will be able to attend both inspiring events and tackling real-life healthcare challenges that have been posed by EIT Health projects, local organisations and private corporations. In a series of Innovation Days (i- Days) in October and November, university students will converge on 31 organizations in twenty countries across Europe to present and develop their digital healthcare projects. Successful teams will not only be encouraged to get involved with the EIT Health network, but will also be invited to a Winners Event in Paris on 1. of December. Find out more here.
“The i-Days are conceived as a first step for students on the health innovation pathway. These special events have already encouraged hundreds of students across Europe to begin their journey with innovations,” said Mónika Tóth, EIT Health InnoStars Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) Programme Manager. “This year, almost 40 percent of i-Days will be organized by EIT Health Hubs in Central, Eastern and Southern Europe. This number proves there is significant engagement from more progressing regions in developing local innovation ecosystems, as well as upgrading the skills of the broad talent pool in the region.”
Below you can find i-Days events taking place in Central, Eastern and Southern regions and led by EIT Health Hubs and EIT Health InnoStars Partners:
- Slovakia, Košice – 25 October. Organiser: Innovlab Startup Center of T-Systems
- Portugal, Lisbon – 25-26 October. Organiser: University of Lisbon
- Italy, Palermo – 28 October. Organiser: Consorzio Arca
- Italy, Naples – 28 October. Organiser: S.D.N.
- Poland, Gdańsk – 28-29 October. Organiser: Medical University of Gdańsk
- Latvia, Riga – 26 October. Organiser: Riga Stradins University
- Lithuania, Kaunas – 30 October. Organiser: Lithuanian University of Health Science
- Czech Republic, Prague – 1 November. Organiser: Dex Innovation Centre
- Estonia, Tartu – 1-2 November. Organiser: Tartu Biotechnology Park and University of Tartu
- Romania, Cluj – 2 November. Organiser: Asociatia INIT & Freshblood Healthtech
- Greece, Athens – 4 November. Organiser: EKT
- Hungary, Pesc – 5 November. Organiser: the Institute of Transdisciplinary Discoveries
- Portugal, Evora – 6 November. Organiser: the University of Evora
- Hungary, Budapest – 7 November. Organiser: the Semmelweis University
- Croatia, Zagreb – 7 November. Organiser: the University of Zagreb
- Portugal, Porto – 7-8 November. Organiser: the University of Porto
- Slovenia, Ljubljana – 9 November. Organiser: the Ljubljana University Incubator
- Portugal, Coimbra – 12 November. Organiser: the University of Coimbra
The full list of i-Days 2019 is available here.