22nd August 2019
Five of 17 Spanish start-ups chosen for funding are supported by EIT Health
Spain received more financing for SMEs than any other country during the last round of the European Commission’s Instrument for SMEs in the framework of the Horizon 2020 strategy, and almost 30% of the Spanish start-ups funded are supported by EIT Health.
Of the 119 companies from 24 countries that shared in the €5.9 million of funding from the European Commission’s Instrument for SMEs, for this round, 17 were Spanish. Five of those financed start-ups are EIT Health supported companies.
This is a definitive indicator of the importance of the EIT Health action in the sector in Spain and the level of quality of the selection processes of the start-ups we support.
The EIT Health-supported start-ups chosen for Instrument for SME funding are:
- RemAb_Therapeutics, a preclinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that aims to become a leader in the field of providing solutions for Gram-negative infections.
- Biel Glasses, a project to develop smart glasses to improve visual perception for people with low vision.
- ABLE Human Motion, a home use, affordable and lightweight exoskeleton that restores the ability to walk of people with lower-limb paralysis.
- CreatSens, a company that develops a prototype of a compact device for the accurate, fast, simple and low-cost determination of creatinine levels in urine and blood.
- GlyCardial Diagnostics, a spin-off company focused on the development of a novel in-vitro diagnostic device for myocardial ischemia.
EIT Health selecting three Supervisory Board members
Independent members sought; apply by 23 May
Bridgehead announces first start-ups for 2021
Helping SMEs expand in Europe and beyond
EIT Health rewards societal impact at Pitch Contest
Amparo takes 1st place at MedtecLIVE