21st December 2023
The last 12 months have been shaping EIT Health in Austria in significant ways. The team has grown and our local activities have picked up to a whole new level. We are proud to summarise some of the highlights in this article. Feel free to dive deeper by clicking on the links below!
The long list of 2023 achievements of EIT Health Austria with its incredible Partners, Start-ups and local team is worth looking at:
- We announced a new Master’s Degree Programme called EDITH – “Entrepreneurship in Digital Health” – led by our Core Partner MedUni Graz and supported by an incredible consortium of Partners, incl. Austrian Core Partner Boehringer Ingelheim.
- We have kicked off the HealthGateway.Austria project, finished the Academia-2-Entrepreneurs video project and have secured a role in a future consortium dealing with the Austrian foundation of the European Health Dataspace (more to come!).
- We welcomed 200 guests from all over Europe at the EIT Health Matchmaking in Palais Auersperg and discussed the future of EIT Health’s Education portfolio at a special workshop in the conference hall of the Austrian Federation of Social Insurances.
- We celebrated Austrian Start-up health innovation at the CATAPULT pitch competition programme in Vienna, at the Bits & Pretzels HealthTech Conference in Munich and got Catapult Audience Award winner BiomeDx even featured on the NASDAQ Tower at Times Square in New York! Look out for the three Austrian start-ups in the semi-final of the current CATAPULT edition!
- We supported – together with our Partner LISAvienna and EIT Health Innostars – the kick-off of the new inspiring conference format named the “Health Innovation Summit Vienna” organised by Health Hub Vienna during #ViennaUp.
- Our Partners Boehringer Ingelheim and INiTS hosted the fabulous Top Female Founders Summerschool that gave young female talents the skillset to succeed in their entrepreneurial endeavours.
- We appointed a new Managing Director: Astrid Kaltenböck!
- We brought young Austrian talents to Barcelona as the winner of the Austrian i-Days and could witness how the young female innovators from “Oxyscarf” could secure the second place in the European finale last month: the Austrian Innovators Community is growing!
- We celebrated a first award for the SCI FI programme and gave the digital stage to three Austrian SCI FI participants: Carmen Schweiker, Emil Lagumdzic and David Hoi.
- We gave a glance into the expertise and background of our local staff in interviews with Aniko Fejes, Melanie Hartl and Peter Ulrich-Koziel.
- And, last but not least, we have more than doubled the followership of our own LinkedIn channel to over 1,400 people!
Please follow us on LinkedIn to stay tuned for all upcoming activities in the next year and register to the EIT Health Summit in Rotterdam to meet the inspiring health innovators of our Europe-wide community in 2024!
EIT Health joins “Seeds of Bravery” Consortium
Discover how we will support Ukrainian start-ups.
EIT Health renews strategic alliance with HIMSS Partner Innovation Exchange (PIE) Initiative
Read more about the partnership
EIT Health Flagships Call 2024 open for applications
First cut-off 28 February