EIT Health DRIVE is a training programme that ensures knowledge transfer from well-developed innovation hubs to EIT Health RIS regions to strengthen local innovation capacities. It is powered by TU Delft and EIT Health InnoStars.
The main goal of this programme is to equip representatives of EIT Health RIS regions with competencies that enable them to understand their existing system and develop a targeted improvement strategy to deploy new interventions and obtain tangible results in the innovation ecosystem year by year.
The programme aims to improve local innovation ecosystem support mechanisms and foster closer interactions between knowledge triangle actors.
Participants focus on better understanding the functioning of innovation ecosystems in general, and particularly the characteristics of the one they represent. Using a design approach, they develop a tailor-made strategy and concrete action plan for the coming years to execute.
Attendees work along five focus areas:
– engage clinical stakeholders in innovation
– improve processes related to start-up acceleration
– drive student entrepreneurship
– develop technology transfer capabilities
– create a network of policy makers who drive innovation.
- Inspirational Talks – online discussions with top-notch experts from developed innovation hubs who openly share their lessons learnt, successes and failures
- Masterclasses – online meetings to share explicit know-how about specific topics of innovation ecosystem development
Partner classification: Education, Research
Partner type: Core Partner
TU Delft is the largest technical university in the Netherlands and covers practically the entire spectrum of engineering sciences. An important characteristic of TU Delft is that we not only strive to be good at what we do, but also that we want to be good for something. At Delft University of Technology, we aim for a balance between pursuing world-class academic excellence, providing high quality education and developing expert solutions for societal challenges. Also key at TU Delft is the integration of research, education and innovation. Technical-scientific knowledge is a breeding ground for our education and innovation. Conversely, the interaction with students, companies and societal partners leads to new and unexpected research questions. Research, education and innovation inspire each other.
Our vision: Delft University of Technology contributes to solving global challenges by educating new generations of socially responsible engineers and expanding the frontiers of the engineering sciences.
• We perform world-class research by combining science, engineering and design in a socially responsible manner. Thus, we advance and share the benefits of technology.
• We develop and enhance the expertise of tomorrow’s engineering leaders and educate professional, high-level and responsible engineers throughout their careers.
• We help to develop and deliver technology-driven, innovative solutions to societal problems through collaborations with leading national and international partners whilst being firmly rooted in Delft.
• We continuously improve our collective effectiveness, performance and organisational resilience through the principles and practice of professionalism, collaboration and openness.
Delft University of Technology - TU Delft
Delft University of Technology - TU Delft , Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft, Netherlands
Key Activities in Research and Developement
Medical Imaging, Medical Visualization, Quantitative Medical Imaging, Developing better imaging systems, Cure and Care, Advances in minimally invasive surgery, Biomechatronics and BioRobotics, Designing Health, Targeted Molecular Therapy, Innovation in radiation for health, Nanoscale biophysics, Biocatalysis.
Others areas of interest: Positive Health (Lifestyle & Prevention), Design methods, eHealth and mHealth, VR, AR and serious gaming, Artificial Intelligence