4th August 2018
Training for start-ups who want to apply to national and international programmes
EIT Health InnoStars co-organised the first Bootcamp in Romania dedicated to healthcare start-ups on 12-13 July 2018 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, in cooperation with FreshBlood, Medical University of Cluj-Napoca, ASAIH, and EIT Health InnoStars.
Participants were start-up representatives who have been through a hackathon or have a minimum viable product and who wish to understand their market, their products and the value offered to the clients – while also looking to apply to national and international programmes.
The agenda included workshops on:
- Healthcare innovation, held by Dr. Vlad MATEITA and Stud. Maria CRISAN LUP – Starship Innovation Fellows;
- An ASAIH session, held by stud. Lorand MAGDO;
- Pitching Preparation, held by Mircea VADAN from ClujStartups;
- Healthcare Stars-Ups in Romania – the international perspective, held by Special Guests Sveatoslav VEACESLAV & Dumitru PETREUS from Wello, Flavia OPREA from ENTy, Dr. Alexandru Herdea from Children Hospital, and Grigore Alexandrescu;
- Value in healthcare – the tough choices, held by Dr. Ion-Gheorghe PETROVAI; and
- Opportunities and preparation, held by Adam SEBESTYEN from EIT Health InnoStars
To wrap up the bootcamp, a public pitching session was organised, where the best three start-ups received prizes from our partners.
This first Healthcare Start-up Bootcamp had a clear, significant impact on those start-ups who participated, providing them with good networking opportunities and access to valuable know-how and feedback.