15th July 2019
The aim is to create startups with innovative healthcare solutions
Leti, a technological research institute at CEA Tech in Grenoble, France that has launched more than 60 startups, announced October 26 that it has created a Medtech Entrepreneur-In-Residence program to help bring to market creative devices and solutions that will address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges.
Entrepreneurs who qualify to join the program will have access to Leti’s state-of-the-art technological, preclinical and clinical platforms and its knowhow to design and create products or solutions and launch disruptive startups. Leti’s global approach to developing medical technology is the result of the excellence, expertise and multidisciplinary approach of its researchers, its infrastructure and its strong relationships with leading medical-industry partners.
For the program’s first participation challenge, Leti is targeting segments aligned with medical, industrial and societal needs. These include:
- Point-of-Care diagnosis,
- Internet of Things for healthcare, from prevention to treatment,
- and Medical Devices for innovative therapies such as drug delivery, physical effectors and bioelectronics.
Selected entrepreneurs will benefit from incubation periods of six to 12 months that includes:
- Access to Leti’s research teams, laboratories and technical expertise (state-of-the-art clean-rooms, photonics, biological, chemistry, microfluidic, electronic, modeling, characterization, clinical and pre-clinical facilities)
- Identification of relevant Intellectual Property from Leti’s portfolio of 2,760 patents
- Resources for the joint development of an IP-based proof-of-concept for the target market and application
- Access to Leti’s startup program, and potentially to its partners’ mentorship programs developed by companies such as URGO, on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are expected by December 15, 2017.
Philippe Ruffin – Philippe.RUFFIN@cea.fr
EIT Health supported Sleepiz AG secures EUROSTAR grant
To help sufferers of sleep apnea
EIT Health Bootcamp selects 11 female-led start-ups
Connecting women-led teams to mentors and investors
EIT Health selecting three Supervisory Board members
Independent members sought; apply by 23 May