EIT Health Bootcamps are intensive incubation programmes for European teams with an idea for a new healthcare product that is in the research and development stage.
Bootcamps target teams of MSc, MDs and PhD students and/or postdocs, patients, informal caregivers and collaborators, as well as professionals. The teams are supported in designing and validating a business model. Bootcamps give participants an understanding of the market potential, competition and target customers for their innovations. The EIT Health Bootcamps in 2020 are:
- CRAASH Barcelona: helps European health-tech research teams launch device, diagnostic and digital health innovations that improve health and patient care. Apply by 16 March 2020.
- Patient Innovation Bootcamp: supports patients in implementing and scaling up innovative solutions that individuals develop to address the healthcare challenges that they or a loved one are facing. Apply by 30 March 2020.
- OpenAPI Bootcamp: addresses three key challenges facing start-ups offering digital solutions in the healthcare sector: customer acceptance, integration with existing technology and systems, and international expansion. Application period: 17 March 2020–15 June 2020.
- MedTech Bootcamp: a five-week training programme for European start-up teams to build skills during the early stages of launching their start-ups. Application period: 17 March 2020–15 June 2020.
- Validation Lab Bootcamp: a unique two-month pressure cooker that allows aspiring entrepreneurs from all over Europe to discover the business potential of their MedTech ideas. Application period: 17 March 2020–15 June 2020.
The Bootcamp Tour
In addition to the individual programmes, participants of all Bootcamps will take part in the virtual EIT Health Bootcamp Tour in November. There will be five online visits to various Networking Stops, allowing participants to validate their business idea with local stakeholders and learn more about the local healthcare and reimbursement system.
- 2-3 November 2020: BioCat & StartUB, Barcelona, Spain
- 9-10 November 2020: FAU, Erlangen, Germany
- 11-12 November 2020: BioM, Munich, Germany
- 12-13 November 2020: CBS, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 24-25 November 2020: Medicen, Paris, France
All Bootcamp participants will also be invited to join our Central Bootcamp Tour Event, organised by YES!Delft, with an EIT Health Fair, parallel “Best of Bootcamp” workshops, and a closing pitch competition on 26-27 November 2020.
What we ask from teams
- A team of at least two people, (see Bootcamp specific requirements).
- Ambition, drive and commitment to build a leading company around an innovative idea with a potentially scalable business model.
- Attendance at all sessions and workshops for the duration of the Bootcamp.
- Willingness to interview at least 100 stakeholders about a business idea.
- An ideal combination of skills, such as business-lead and product-development-lead.
What we offer
If chosen for an EIT Health Bootcamp, you will receive training with a commercial value equivalent to approximately €15 000. Additionally, each programme includes financial support to help you in travel and accommodation costs incurred during the programme. The funding is allocated by the specific Bootcamp and is intended to support two-to-three team members, but the funding is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The application process
Please see the individual criteria for applying to the specific Bootcamps.
A selection committee will choose the most promising start-ups to participate in the programmes, based on the quality of the business idea, their fit for the programme and the team’s motivation and level of commitment
Applications are made through the EIT Health Optimy platform.