Stories of innovators who create a healthier and smarter world
EIT Health InnoStars gets you closer to stories that matter and past the edge of what’s possible in medicine and healthcare. Preventing falls in the elderly, improving mental illness diagnosis or therapy of children with ADHD – we are looking for different solutions that can answer challenges that many patients all around the EU face. The teams were comprehensively supported by EIT Health and the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme.
Healthcare Hackers is a series of podcasts, which brings to life groundbreaking concepts and solutions that fight diseases and improve human well-being. Innovative thinkers share their experiences, the opportunities they identified and the challenges they had to overcome. All of them were supported by the EIT Health RIS Innovation Call 2019-2020.
List of episodes:
- FRADE – Staying on your feet, Joana Silva, who is a biomedical researcher at Fraunhofer Portugal AICOS and manages the FRADE project, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about her experiences, the opportunities she and her colleagues and partners identified and the challenges like the recent COVID-19 pandemic that they had to overcome.
- DocuMental – Mapping the state of mind, DocuMental is a unique decision support system, which improves the diagnostic and treatment reliability in mental health. The project is supported by Tartu Biotechnology Park. In this episode, Eduard Maron, CEO of DocuMental, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about the challenge he faced as a young psychiatrist and how he created a solution that helps him and his colleagues diagnose mental disorders better.
- Tully — Recognising and managing emotions, Marius Rus, co-founder and CEO of Tully, a start-up supported by Freshblood HealthTech Community, the EIT Health Hub in Romania, speaks with Andrew Wrobel about how his #startup helps children recognise and manage emotions and gives valuable tips to potential founders working on health solutions.
- Inocure – Designing next-generation drug delivery systems, Inocure’s CEO Matej Buzgo speaks with Andrew Wrobel about his start-up’s path to designing next-generation drug delivery systems and the multiple challenges he faces and offers valuable advice to potential researchers and founders working on innovative health solutions.
- Neus Diagnostics – Keeping an eye on dementia, In this episode, Vida Groznik, one of the co-founders and the CEO of Neus Diagnostics, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about how her team came up with the solution that helps diagnose dementia and other diseases, as well as the challenges her start-up has faced and overcome.
- Cognitus – Standing up straight, Alan Mutka, one of the founders and chief technology officer at Cognitus Limited, as well as a senior lecturer and research associate at the Rochester Insitute of Technology Croatia, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about his solution, as well as the challenges his start-up has faced.
- Phoenix Orthosis — Keeping a firm grip, Robert Ackermann, CCO at Phoenix Orthosis, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about the solution, its implementation on the German market and the impact the Covid-19 pandemic has had on the development of the product.
- Kazaam Lab — Treating patients with precision, Simona Rombo, an associate professor of computer science at the University of Palermo and one of the founders and the CEO of Kazaam Lab, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about the challenges her start-up has faced and overcome, as well as offering some tips for young researchers developing health solutions.
- Tamás Békási – 10 years’ worth of innovation occurring in 10 weeks, Tamás Békási, RIS Business Creation Manager at the EIT Health InnoStars, spoke with Andrew Wrobel about the current trends in health tech, opportunities and challenges, and offers plenty of advice to future healthcare hackers.
InnoStars Talks: Innovator’s DNA
Balázs Fürjes, EIT Health InnoStars Director invites you to a special podcast in which the ingredients of the most successful healthcare innovations will be discovered. If you are an EIT Health InnoStars Partner, this podcast is just for you.
List of episodes:
- Stockholm 3 – Diagnosing prostate cancer faster, currently, the PSA test is used as a biomarker of the disease, but it has low sensitivity and specificity, increased risk of false positives and it cannot differentiate between the beginning and aggressive cancer.
- Cristina Bescos — Lessons from Spain’s successful health tech ecosystem, EIT Health Spain has had a particularly fruitful 2020 in terms of health innovation projects. In this episode, we discuss why it is valuable to have an innovation unit within the organisation and how to develop innovation consortia effectively.
- Dora Marosvolgyi — Jumpstarting innovation, this year a total of 36 teams from all over Europe showcased their budding start-ups in front of a jury of experts and potential investors, competing for a prize pool of 160,000 euros in the EIT Jumpstarter pre-accelerator programme. In this episode Dora Marosvolgyi, EIT Jumpstarter mentor and project manager at EIT Health InnoStars talks about the value the programme gives to entrepreneurs and the innovation it creates.
Rise to the Challenge
The Rise to the Challenge series powered by EIT Health InnoStars gives you first-hand advice if you want to succeed with your start-up. Together with our guests – VCs, start-uppers and global companies, we deliver to your doorstep a road map so you can plan your business journey in the healthcare industry. Our hosts are Ines Matias & Tamas Bekasi, Business Creation Managers at EIT Health InnoStars.
List of episodes:
- episode 01 – an episode with Magda Jander, CEO of UVera
- episode 02 – an episode with David Breitenbach, Business Development Manager at SINEKO
- episode 03 – an episode with Alessandro Monterosso, CEO of PatchAI
- episode 04 – an episode with Joana Melo, COO and Co-founder at NU-RISE
- episode 05 – an episode with Richard Zsamboki, Data Scientist at GE Healthcare
- episode 06 – an episode with Caroline Amblard Sai, European Head of Operations for Angels Santé and EIT Health Investor Network
- episode 07 – an episode with Leon Rizner, Scientist Pharmaceutical Development at Novartis Slovakia
- episode 08 – an episode with Federico Cismondi, co-founder of doDOC