9th July 2019
A total of 46 proposals were received in the first phase
Following a 26 May pitch contest at Barcelona Science Park, five start-ups were selected to receive a total of €50 000 in funding each in the EIT Health Spain Headstart 2017 competition.
When the Headstart 2017 call closed, EIT Health Spain had received a total of 46 proposals, and these were winnowed down to 10 finalists, who participated in the pitch.
The five winners chosen after making their pitchers are:
- Aelix Therapeutics S.L.: A European cure for HIV Infection.
- 2Eyes Vision: Technological and clinical validation of the SimVis technology to treat presbyopia with multifocal contact lenses.
- Rethink Medical: T-Control Urinary Catheter.
- Avizorex Pharma: A phase I/II proof-of-concept clinical study double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessing the safaty and efficacy of AVX-012 ophthalmic solution in subjetcs with mild to moderate dry eye syndrome.
- Onalabs Healthcare Inno-Hub: Werable digital device for monitoring chronic patients with cardiac and respiratory diseases
For more information about the call for proposals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EIT Health helps Tubulis secure €10.7M in funding
Investor Network aids firm doing antibody work
EIT Health-backed start-ups garner big investments
A million each for iLoF and Restorative Neurotechnologies
EIT Health aids 11 start-ups disrupted by COVID-19
Start-up Rescue Instrument gives €5.5M in co-investment